Jane Austen’s House Museum is looking for a poet-in-residence to develop and support the programme of literary events at the Museum. The Residency is supported by Arts Council England through Grants for the Arts.
The information below and further details are found here.
* Contract: Min 30 Days between May – November 2014
* Total Fee: £10,000 (to include all travel and accommodation costs)
* Based in Chawton Hampshire GU34 1SD
We intend that the project will be instrumental in developing the poet’s own practice while also achieving specific aims including:
• The Poet-in-Residence will use the Museum collection to inspire and create new work, articulate a sense of place and celebrate the life and work of Jane Austen.
• Work to engage visitors to enter into the life and work of Jane Austen.
• To create a series of poetry events/workshops during the period of the residency
• Engage with JAHM’s worldwide audience through digital media.
• Create a legacy for the museum in the form of a poetry installation or publication
For more information and an Application Pack please email email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 16th April.
Interviews: Thursday 24th April.