The Enfield Poets are celebrating their Twentieth Anniversary in April 2020. The winners will be announced at the end of March , and the prize giving will be on Saturday April 25th, 2020, as part of the Enfield Poets’ 20th Anniversary Literary Festival.
- The Competition is open to poems on any theme and in any form and must be the original work of the author.
- Poets entering the Competition must be 16 years or older.
- Poems should be no more than 50 lines in length, excluding title.
- Poems should not have been previously published.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Submissions may be made online or by post. Please refer to How to Enter for more details.
Competitors may submit any number of poems for a fee of £4 per poem, or £10 for three poems.
Judge: Ruth Padel
Ruth Padel’s most recent collections are Beethoven Variations – Poems on a Life, a journey through Beethoven’s life and her own childhood, growing up playing the viola, and Emerald, a lyrical exploration of the mourning process and a celebration of her feisty mother. She was Chair of Judges for the 2016 T S Eliot Prize and Judge for the 2016 International Man Booker Prize. She is Professor of Poetry at King’s College London and Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. www.ruthpadel.com